To purchase an asset on Immortal Game, you need $ETH.
You can either buy $ETH with fiat currencies on Moonpay and use it to buy your asset or use your Metamask account if you have $ETH in it.
Here, we will take a look at the two possibilities.
Thanks to Moonpay, you can buy $ETH with FIAT Currencies.
Note that the process on Moonpay takes a bit of time (around 15min in total), as you will need to provide various documents to verify your identity.
The main advantage of Moonpay is that it is easy to use and allows everyone to possess crypto thanks to a simple credit/debit card payment.
You should decide how much $ETH you want to buy to get the asset of your choice.
1. How to link your Metamask wallet to your Immortal Game account
As you know, Immortal Game is bringing an exciting crypto layer to chess. Immortals are NFTs that you can buy on our platform. To do so, you need to have a crypto wallet with which you will be able to purchase and store your NFTs, tokens, or any other crypto asset.
As you need a wallet on the Immortal Game platform to store your Immortals and any other crypto asset, one possibility is to connect your Metamask account to use it as a wallet on your Immortal Game account. To do so, there are three steps that you need to follow, and we will detail them here.
Step 1: Connect your Metamask to the Immortal Game website.
- Once connected to Immortal Game, you should click on the little Wallet sign next to your username on the top right of your screen. Then you must press “Link your Metamask account” and click “Connect”.
- Then, you will get a pop-up notification from Metamask so that you choose which one of your Metamask wallets you want to connect to Immortal Game. Once you have clicked on connect, your Metamask account is now connected to the Immortal Game website.
- If you are using Ledger, please check this link.
Step 2 and 3: Add your Metamask wallet to the Immutable X network and connect it to your Immortal Game account.
- As Immortal Game is operating on a layer 2 called “Immutable X”, you will need to refer your Metamask wallet on the Immutable X network so that you have a wallet on this network as well. After that, you can use your Metamask account as your wallet on Immortal Game. These are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Click on “use this account”. You will then get two notifications from Metamask asking you for your approval to link the Metamask wallet on the Immutable X network. You will see the message: “Only sign this request if you’ve initiated an action with Immutable X”, you will need to click “Sign”, and then there will be another confirmation where you will need to confirm this again.
- Now that you have referred your Metamask wallet to the Immutable X network, you need to associate this wallet with your Immortal Game account, so you can start using it. You will get another notification from Metamask with the following message: “I want to login to Immortal Game with nonce: xxxxxxxx”. Once you have clicked on “Sign”, you will have finally linked your Metamask wallet to your Immortal Game account.
2. Deposit ETH in your Immortal Game account.
Now that you have linked your Metamask wallet to your Immortal Game account, you can start to use it to buy any asset of your choice. To do so, you will need to deposit some $ETH in your Immortal Game account. Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Click on “Deposit $ETH” and choose the amount.
- When you click on “$Deposit ETH”, you will get a pop-up notification from Metamask so that you confirm your transaction.
- As we are operating on Immutable X, the transfer from the Ethereum network to the Immutable X network, also called “bridge”, will take a few minutes (between 5 and 10).
- Once the funds are deposited, you will see your balance increase on the top of your screen, and you will, at this point, have the funds in your account to buy the asset of your choice.